The Largest independent Ferrari sales and
service center in the country
1966 Porsche 911 2.0 Coupe SWB
- A Carolina "barn-find" expertly revitalized in 2017 after 30 years of storage
- Complete bare-metal lacquer re-paint in the original Polo Red (6602)
- Fastidiously preserved using all its original parts (including the well-kept interior)
- Numbers-matching engine and gearbox
- Accompanied by the original spare, jack and tool roll
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and all recommissioning documentation supplied
- First in class awarded at 2017 Atlanta Concours
(Visit our website to see the "View Documentation" button for review of Certificates and some documentation)
Full Vehicle Details:
The first generation 911 was introduced in 1963 with a 2.0-liter six-cylinder motor, signifying the beginning of a legendary model that is now immediately recognizable by anyone with the barest knowledge of fine sports cars. Porsche produced a mere 1,709 short-wheelbase 911 coupes for the 1966 model year.
This particular example is among the first 100 in that group, known as the "O" series. Completed 14 January 1966, it was painted Polo Red (6602) and trimmed in Black leatherette-then, as now, a popular combination. A tinted windshield and rear glass were the only options requested by its first owner, a resident of Dothan, Alabama. When the car was three years old, it was sold to an Eastern Airlines pilot from Fayetteville, North Carolina, and in 1980 it passed into the hands of Leonard Cummings of Marion, North Carolina. Eventually, Mr. Cummings relocated to suburban Charlotte and around 1990 the car, still in very original condition and bearing a 1989 registration, was parked in a shed near Gastonia. After nearly three decades of storage, the Porsche was procured by the owner of a restoration shop, given fresh gas and an oil change-and promptly fired right up.
Surface concerns prompted a bare-metal lacquer repaint (though no evidence of prior body damage was found); it was completely disassembled and then thoroughly rebuilt using all its original parts, aside from new seals around the windshield and rear glass. The interior was found to be in near-perfect original condition and was left as-is. It is not believed that the engine has ever been apart; even the paint on the air cleaner can is excellent. The original transmission received some new synchronizers. Further original components include all five wheels, still in excellent, unrestored condition, as well as factory lead weights in the front bumpers.
After restoration, the car was presented at the Atlanta Concours in October 2017 and won its class. With its beautiful repaint and all-original interior, this outstanding, numbers-matching two-liter 911 presents wonderfully throughout. It is supplied with a correct spare, jack, and tool roll, along with invoices relating to its recommissioning.
- Each vehicle receives a thorough inspection, carried out by one of our own factory-trained Master technicians, along with a detailed condition report, to give you the resources to make an informed decision on your next automotive investment. Our dedicated team of experts takes pride in being your trusted advisors throughout the process.
Merlin Auto Group has cemented its position as industry leaders in Ferrari sales and service, with decades of expertise in curating examples of the highest quality as well as delivering a refreshingly transparent and seamless experience.
An Authorized dealer and service center for Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus and Morgan Motor Company: two legendary brands whose impeccable standards parallel our own.
Inquire today to learn more about this offering as well as our award-winning service center.
Merlin Auto Group
2882 Amwiler Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30360
2 Miles North of I285 and Peachtree Industrial BLVD