When Citron introduced the 2CV, short for deux chevaux (two horses), in 1948, few understood that this simple, inexpensive people’s car would enjoy production through 1990. The 2CV was rooted in a 1936 brief issued by Citron’s head of engineering and design, Pierre-Jules Boulanger, for the TPV (toute petite voiture, or very small car), developed in secret by the same staff responsible for the revolutionary Traction Avant. The ravages of war in Europe and postwar aluminum shortages left only an estimated 100,000 of two million total cars remaining in operation in France, and urgent reconstruction efforts spurred the prioritization of 2CV production.
The elegantly simple 2CV offered a durable, low-cost way to mobilize the public. Featuring a minimalistic body, seating for up to four adults, and an economical, easily serviced air-cooled engine, the long-travel 2CV suspension offered a soft ride while being rugged enough for limited off-road use. These virtues and near indestructibility of the 2CV ensure its enshrinement on many greatest cars lists.
This handsomely presented, collector-owned 1988 Citron 2CV6 Special Saloon is a wonderful, late-production example of France’s enduring and endearing people’s car. Imported from the UK in April 2020, it is visually striking in white paint, complemented by a black roll-back soft top, and gray steel wheels. A corresponding CARFAX Vehicle History Report supports its 2020 importation and a spare tire, lug wrench, and first aid kit are also included.
– Late-Production Example of the French People’s Car
– Endearing Design with Roll-Back Top and Fold-Up Front Windows
– Imported from the UK in April 2020
– Collector-Owned and Held in a Noted Private Collection
– Includes Spare Tire, Lug Wrench, First Aid Kit, and CARFAX Vehicle History Report.
– 602 CC 2-Cylinder Engine
– Solex Single-Barrel Carburetor
– 29 BHP at 5,750 RPM
– 4-Speed Manual Transaxle
– Front Disc, Rear Drum Hydraulic Brakes
– Front Independent Suspension
– Rear Live Axle with Semi-Elliptical Leaf Springs
– Each vehicle receives a thorough inspection, carried out by one of our own factory-trained Master technicians, along with a detailed condition report, to give you the resources to make an informed decision on your next automotive investment. Our dedicated team of experts takes pride in being your trusted advisors throughout the process.
Merlin Auto Group has cemented its position as an industry leader in Ferrari sales and service, with decades of expertise in curating examples of the highest quality as well as delivering a refreshingly transparent and seamless experience.
An Authorized dealer and service center for Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus and Morgan Motor Company: two legendary brands whose impeccable standards parallel our own.
Inquire today to learn more about this offering as well as our award-winning service center.
"*" indicates required fields
Signup for our monthly newsletter for the latest news & updates
"*" indicates required fields