1992 Porsche 968 (1 of 1)
The 968 was Porsche’s answer to the next generation of front-engine, rearwheel- drive sports cars that had proved to be popular with the 944. Ultimately stemming from the development for the S3 generation of the Porsche 944, the 968 offered significantly improved mechanicals and evolved styling that featured design elements that would be shared with the 993-generation 911. Its power derived from a larger 3.0-liter inline-four, coupled to an all-new, six-speed manual transaxle. Despite the successful recipe, just 2,234 US-specification coupes were built over its four-year run.
In spite of the limited sales, it has garnered recognition for the combination of performance, practicality, and rarity. Being a first-year model fitted with the desirable manual transaxle, this example represents the best of the breed. According to the PCA 968 Register, this is the only known example finished in Turquoise Blue Metallic over Cashmere Beige upholstery and features rare Porsche Exclusive Department options such as the dark rootwood gearshift knob. Along with desirable options, the exterior, interior, and undercarriage present wonderfully, showing clear pride of ownership from new. Recently, the car has been subject to a major service, along with the fitting of new tires. In addition, according to the certificate on file, a Porsche Classic technical inspection was performed, resulting in the confirmation of matching engine and transaxle numbers. With original manufacturer literature and service documents included, this 968 offers a phenomenal opportunity to enjoy a front-engine Porsche sports car.
– Exceptional Stock, Unmodified Condition Finished in Rare Color Combination
– Matching-Numbers Engine and Transaxle per Porsche Classic Technical Certificate
– Extensive Factory Options List, Including Exclusive Program Selections
– Accompanied by Owner’s Manuals, Service Records, and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report
– Unique Modern Classic Ready to Be Enjoyed
– 62,990 CC DOHC Inline 4-Cylinder Engine
– Electronic Port-Type Fuel Injection
– 236 BHP at 6,200 RPM
– 6-Speed Manual Transaxle
– 4-Wheel Ventilated Disc Brakes with ABS
– 4-Wheel Independent Suspension
– Each vehicle receives a thorough inspection, carried out by one of our own factory-trained Master technicians, along with a detailed condition report, to give you the resources to make an informed decision on your next automotive investment. Our dedicated team of experts takes pride in being your trusted advisors throughout the process.
Merlin Auto Group has cemented its position as an industry leader in Ferrari sales and service, with decades of expertise in curating examples of the highest quality as well as delivering a refreshingly transparent and seamless experience.
An Authorized dealer and service center for Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus and Morgan Motor Company: two legendary brands whose impeccable standards parallel our own.
Inquire today to learn more about this offering as well as our award-winning service center.